The introspective new track features Clairo – real name Claire Cottrill – singing and playing guitar, and also getting briefly interrupted by her puppy Joanie.
- READ MORE: Clairo: “I don’t rely on anyone else”
The singer posted a screen recording of an audio file yesterday (January 26) on Instagram TV. Listen to ‘Just For Today’ below:
“Not sure about you, but my mental health has taken a major dip since quarantine started,” Cottrill wrote in an accompanying caption.
“At times I feel like I’ve never felt worse. New medication, hotlines, and one scheduled appointment with a psychiatrist later and I’m feeling more like myself again. I wrote this last night and i feel there’s no real reason I should hold onto it. Hope you enjoy the song and Joanie’s squeaks. Thank you.”
In October last year, Cottrill shared the first two songs from her new band, Shelly.
“My best friends and I made a band and put out an A/B side – ‘Steeeam’ and ‘Natural’,” Clairo wrote on Instagram. “We created everything during quarantine in LA, Chicago, Houston and Atlanta. Hope you check it & enjoy.”
For help and advice on mental health:
- Student Minds – empowering students and the university community to look after their mental health
- ‘Am I depressed?‘ – Help and advice on mental health and what to do next
- YOUNG MINDS – The voice for young people’s health and wellbeing
- CALM – The Campaign Against Living Miserably for young men
- Time To Change – Let’s end mental health discrimination
- The Samaritans – Confidential support 24 hours a day
The post Clairo shares vulnerable new song ‘Just For Today’ appeared first on NME | Music, Film, TV, Gaming & Pop Culture News.